Key West Hotels, Attractions, & Restaurants
Besides fishing Key West, the island features a ton of other things to do while you are visiting. Key West has some of the most historic hotels in South Florida, showcasing architecture from the early 1900s. Also with newly built higher end hotels, you will have a few choices on your plate as of where to stay. I’ll give you a list of some of the best places to eat, stay, and enjoy Key West.
About Our Town
Unlike some of the other islands throughout the Florida Keys, Key West has:
- Incredible nightlife
- Cool historical places of interest
- A plethora of amazing restaurants
- A genuine small town feel
- No passports or customs like other tropical places
- Safe, and very low crime throughout the Keys
The town gives visitors tons of options as far as their vacation goes. Don’t be worried if your whole family or group you are with aren’t fishing fanatics. With tons of shopping, spas, water sports activities, bars, and entertainment, the town will give everyone the option of doing something else besides fishing.
Here is a list of the bigger resorts in town. These Key West hotels feature many of 5 star amenities and services.
- Ocean’s Edge Hotel and Marina
- Pier House Resort
- Southernmost Hotel Collection
- Marriott Beachside
- Ocean Key Resort
Hotels (smaller)/Bed & Breakfast
These are more locally owned, smaller hotels or B&Bs. These hotels feature a more “small town” feel, with older architecture, as well as a peaceful environment.
- Mel Fisher Museum
- Florida Keys Eco Discovery Center
- The Southernmost Point (get your picture taken by it)
- The Key West Aquarium
Things to Do
- Non Private Snorkeling trips. Bigger boats (catamarans) with watersports companies in town.
- Jet Ski Tours
- Bar Crawls
- Mallory Square Sunset Celebration (nightly)
- Gentlemen’s Clubs
- Scuba Diving
Like I tell people, Key West will not leave you bored! There are unlimited things to do in town. Key West itself is a place that is a little more appropriate for adults, yet there are plenty of things to do for the young ones (aquariums, snorkeling, parasail, ect…).